Oct 1, 2015 | 6–8pm
BSA Space, 290 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210
Anyone who's passed through Logan Airport Terminal C’s Parking Lobby has witnessed first-hand the extraordinary, multi-sensory work of Christopher Janney and his team at PhenomenArts, Inc. Its design allows the audio experience to provide another dimension to place making and public art. This is achieved while also being fully integrated with the needs of a major transportation infrastructure.
Christopher and his professional colleagues will speak about their work in the US and Europe, including Logan Airport, Miami International, and the recently announced LaGuardia Airport renovation.
Participants on the panel:
- Christopher Janney, Artist/Director, PhenomenArts, Inc.
- Camille Bechara P.E., WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Christina Lanzl, PhD | Co-Founder, Urban Culture Institute
The evening is a program of the Urban Design Committee at the Boston Society of Architects. Please join co-chairs Paul Lukez FAIA, Patrick Tedesco AIA & Meera Deean for a lively discussion about the role of multi-sensory public art and architecture in contemporary Airports.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. To register send an email with "Urban Design Committee" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Howes Park
- Coppens Square Park
- Codman Square Park
- Gourdin Park
- Kulturpark Berlin
- Ringer Park
- Mather School Green Space
- MBTA Red Line Wollaston Station
- MBTA Silver Line Extension
- Boston Children's Hospital
- HarborArts Boston
- Social Muscle Club
- Memphis Art Walk
- To Extremes
- Art in Architecture Study
BSA Placemaking Network
- 2019 Placemaking Seminars
- 2018 Placemaking Seminars
- 2017 Placemaking Seminar Series
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2016
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2015
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2012
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2011
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2010
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2009
- Placemaking Seminar Series 2008