The Urban Culture Institute works to promote excellence in the arts and culture. Our comprehensive public art and cultural consulting practice, was launched in 2012 with the mission to support community building through the facilitation of public art and the development of winning strategies for public places. Focusing on art in public places, cultural planning, curatorial services and placemaking, we provide our partners with a full range of consulting services. Christina Lanzl, PhD, director and founder, is a public art and placemaking professional with 25+ years of leadership and facilitation experience working with the public and private sector, with communities, design teams and creative professionals.
The high quality of our work has garnered the Urban Culture Institute such clients as: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, the Cities of Boston, Worcester, and Berlin, Germany, and the Boston Children’s Hospital, a Harvard University institution.
The Urban Culture Institute is offering the following services:
• Public art curation, cultural planning, civic engagement, placemaking
• Planning and implementation of both permanent and temporary public art
• Long-standing track record of storytelling, site-specific public art for trails
• Understanding of the role of cultural assets in the built environment
• Development of realistic and feasible projects
• Connected with the architecture and planning community
• Commitment to teaching, learning in the community and at the academic level
The Urban Culture Institute is DBE/WBE certified and eligible to meet women and minority business participation goals on federal and state-funded contracts issued by the State of Massachusetts.